Background & Education
- Boston University School of Law, J.D. (May, 1979)
- Capella University, Ph.D., Education (March, 2006)
- Pepperdine University, M.B.A. (April, 1990)
- San Diego State University, A.B., Economics (June, 1976)
SIGNIFICANT PRIOR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
- Mediator, Arbitrator and Consultant (2004 - present)
- Academic Lead, CSUN Mediation and Conflict Resolution Program (2009 - present)
- Founding Dean and President, Concord Law School (1997-2004)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services, Attorney-Client Fee Disputes—Member of Mediation and Arbitration panels (2008-present)
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Party Pay and Random Select Mediation Panels (2008-present)
- CEO & President, American Professional Testing Service, Inc. (1989-1997)
- 2nd Vice-President, HBJ Legal & Prof. Publs. (1979-1989)
DISPUTE RESOLUTION TRAINING
- “Judicial Conduct and Demeanor” (February, 2012) (3 hours): Training conducted by the Los Angeles Superior Court, Los Angeles, CA.
- “Managing Your First Arbitration” (December, 2010) (6 hours): Program jointly sponsored by the American Arbitration Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the College of Commercial Arbitrators, and others, Los Angeles, CA.
- “Judicial Ethics for Temporary Judges” (August, 2010) (3 hours): Online program offered by Judicial Council of California as part of temporary judge training.
- "FINRA Training for Roster of Neutral Arbitrators" (October-November, 2007) (11 hours). Training required to sit on the Board of Arbitrators for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- “Attorney-Client Fee Arbitrator Training” (April, 2008): Course completion (3 hours) necessary to serve as an arbitrator or mediator for Los Angeles County Bar Association in resolving attorney-client fee disputes. Training provided by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services.
- “DRS Advanced Skills Practicum and Certification Preparation” (January, 2008): Advanced training necessary (25 hours) to serve on Los Angeles County Superior Court Panel. Training provided by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services.
- “Basic Skills Mediation Training” (June, 2007): Completion Certificate certifies training under California ADR Act (30 hours). Training provided by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services.“Business and Commercial Mediation Training” (October, 2007) (6 hours). Training provided by the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Services and delivered by Ken Cloake